2013 Chevrolet Camaro seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Camaro:

2013 Chevrolet Camaro Owner Comments

Sep 162016

Camaro

The contact owned a 2013 Chevrolet Camaro. While driving 40 mph in the rain, the vehicle hydroplaned and crashed into a wall. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. There were minor injuries that required medical attention. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where GM engineers diagnosed that, due to the slow crash, the air bags did not deploy. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 30,000.

- Oak Grove, KY, USA

Nov 232013

Camaro 6-cyl

Right after purchasing vehicle, my husband drove it, and I sat in passenger seat and noticed that my airbag had not turned on. The indicator said off so I lifted my rear from the seat and sat down hard then the light said it was on. As we drove down the road about 15 miles at 55mph, the light went back to saying airbag off. I would lift my rear again and forcefully sit in seat and it would turn or on again. Since then I have had my car in to 2 different dealers, had the passenger seat sensors changed, the the air-bag modulator changed, and the sensors adjusted. When the auto tech saw what would happen with me in the passenger seat, he hooked up the computer to the car and it said I was not heavy or tall enough for the airbag. I am 5'8" and 165#, so it was not reading me at all. Since then every time I am a passenger in my vehicle, I need to keep an eye on the indicator light and when it is off, I need to pull my rear off the seat and sit down forcefully until the on light activates. The dealership said they didn't know where to go from here and were at a loss. So I am hoping NHTSA can help me. I did some research online and found that I am not the only Camaro owner with this problem. I enjoy driving my car but the passenger air-bag issue is a huge problem.

- Woodburn, OR, USA

Jun 182013

Camaro 8-cyl

2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1. Passenger airbag indicator shows "off" when passenger is in seat. Occurs randomly since purchase. Current vehicle mileage over 25K. Dealer service has replaced sensor and recalibrated system on more than one occasion. Problem has not been corrected, still shows "off" randomly.

- Panama City, FL, USA

May 012014

Camaro 6-cyl

The airbags in the passenger side of my car are faulty. They only say they are on sporadically. The problem has been ongoing and proven to be an issue while at the dealership. GM is not following protocol with this issue and many other ones. The dealership will no longer work on the car so now I am driving a car where the airbags may or may not be working.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Feb 212014

Camaro

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Camaro. The contact stated that while driving at 40 mph on an incline during rain weather, the rear end of vehicle veered to the right causing the vehicle to crash into a curb. On another occasion, the contact crashed into a light post due to the failure. A police report was filed. The contact sustained a burn on the left wrist from the air bag deployment, which required medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 2,600.

- Thousand Oaks, CA, USA