2014 Chevrolet Camaro drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Camaro:

2014 Chevrolet Camaro Owner Comments

Jul 142015

When driving at 60 mph car stalled down like was going to shut down shook the whole car. Same thing 2nd and 3rd time car is in shop for third time now still with no answer. I feel unsafe due it not being able to diagnose. Car also shut completely off on husband when making a left turn list complete power had to restart car. If this would have happen on the interstate this could have been deadly.

- Powell, TN, USA

May 022015

I own a 2014 Camaro. On May 2nd, we were driving off of an exit from the interstate 270 when all of a sudden, I lost total control of my vehicle. Everything shut down. I could barely star the car. I had no power at all. When this happened, it also sounded like my engine locked up. We were literally about to freak worrying we were going to get rear ended. Luckily, we were able to coast into an apartment complex. I could not restart the car and waited about 5 minutes until it would restart. I then took the car into a dealership here telling them it is a death trap. I informed them that I have given them notice of the dangers driving this car and if something happened to us, I would hold them liable since they had been warned. Honestly, I am worried now about driving that death trap.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jan 122015

Camaro 8-cyl

The car was making a turn in inclement weather when it lost traction. In every effort to slow the vehicle, my husband (whom was driving) downshifted to third gear, as the car was sliding into a ditch the clutch stuck to the floor (as it has done before on several occasions and has been mentioned to the local dealership), the brakes went out, the E-brake was pulled in an intense effort to slow the vehicle during the loss of control from impacting an electrical pole. When the first impact was made into the ditch, all 4 curtain airbags deployed. After the second full frontal impact into the electrical pole, the driver's side airbag deployed, however, the passenger side airbag did not even though it had an occupant.

- Felton, DE, USA

Jan 012015

While driving, the tapshift lever was caught in the key ring attached to the key in the ignition. This caused the car to shift out of gear, as if being put into neutral, so that the car slowed very suddenly and dangerously. This happened only when making sharp right turns, as when turning at an intersection. This occurred several times throughout the day, until we realized that the tapshift lever was only able to get caught on the keyring when the steering wheel was fully lowered. Adjusting the steering wheel height resolved the issue.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Oct 022014

Camaro 6-cyl

When I first bought the car my mom and dad took it around the block and said that it turned off but failed to mention it because of cars having features that turn car off while at a halt. I've had the car for about 6 months and it is hardly driven. 3 days of the week, and is barely at 5000 miles. Still technically brand new. One day while coming home from work my boyfriend and I noticed the car to be struggling a little power wise. When we came to a stop at a light we made a right turn and the car felt like it was going to stall. Barely turning into our apartment it finally turned off. Took a couple of tries but car finally turned on for about 10 seconds and then turned off again. Finally being able to park the car, we tried starting it after letting it sit for couple minutes and it did not want to start. We drove car to nearby dealer left it overnight and the next day they said about 11 codes were coming up. After that car finally turned on acted normal for a bit so we were given car back. Afterwards check engine light came on and stayed on. Due to not being able to be off work we were going to take car to original dealer we bought it from to get checked out. Halfway into the week the car then stalled again luckily as we turned into work. Messages came up such as "service stability and traction control" as long as "engine power reduced". we were able to park it and had onstar run a diagnostics for it and were told that several codes popped with tranny, stability and traction control, ABS breaks, engine power etc were all affected at the time. We took it to dealer couple hours later and car was checked out and "fixed" couple days later. Turned out to be a short in one of the wires. To think a simple wire defect can affect the car to that extent is scary! and I'm thankful the faultiness didn't occur in injury or death.

- Avondale , AZ, USA

Feb 142014

Driving regular speed and notice lost of power from RPM. I turn a few time then lost more power, after this happen my car shut down. Chevy dealer and GM I file a complaint but lost my case because they say it was my problem. I drive a stickshift for 10+ years never had any problem and never had any tickets to damage my car. Before having the car, the clutch-pad was shift and also push down and stay down if I go backwards or in 3-5gears.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Jun 252014

This vehicle was purchased brand new January 2014 with less than 10 miles on it. Upon taking the vehicle in three or more times for a fuel system issue, I experienced a rapidly flashing engine light two times. I called the service department. They said do not drive the vehicle anywhere other than to the dealership because the engine may blow. I took the car to the dealership on 5/29. The dealership "replaced" all parts on the vehicle including the fuel line, fuel injectors, pistons, all fuel injectors and this did not help. They then attempted to even out the compression in the cylinders to fix the issue of the compression leaking. This did not work. The vehicle was still having compression issues. They finally requested a replacement engine from GM. The engine was installed and I was called to pick up my vehicle after 29 days at the dealership. I requested a buy back, as from what they have told me regarding the car having a defect and this is a huge safety concern for me. The dealer and GM West coast liaison denied buy back due to the warranty still being in effect. This car is not safe and should be bought back by the dealer. We are pursuing with the BBB and a lawyer. The dealership has not cooperated and will not assist any further. The main concern is lack of knowledge as to what was wrong with the vehicle and that being it had 5000-6000 miles, how do we know it will be safe and will not have issues in the future.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Jun 252014

Camaro 6-cyl

While driving on the expressway the engine started to misfire, and the accelerator would not work. Then the lights of the stability, engine, and other controls came on. This is after already having the issue with the fob and the car turning off and not able to steer or brake.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA