8.0

2014 Chevrolet Camaro engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Camaro:

2014 Chevrolet Camaro Owner Comments

May 022015

Camaro 6-cyl

I own a 2014 Camaro. On May 2nd, we were driving off of an exit from the interstate 270 when all of a sudden, I lost total control of my vehicle. Everything shut down. I could barely star the car. I had no power at all. When this happened, it also sounded like my engine locked up. We were literally about to freak worrying we were going to get rear ended. Luckily, we were able to coast into an apartment complex. I could not restart the car and waited about 5 minutes until it would restart. I then took the car into a dealership here telling them it is a death trap. I informed them that I have given them notice of the dangers driving this car and if something happened to us, I would hold them liable since they had been warned. Honestly, I am worried now about driving that death trap.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Feb 122015

Camaro

As I was driving through a school zone, my vehicle began to make a roaring sound and accelerated in speed. I kept pressing the brakes, but it would not decline in speed. The only thing I could do was make every attempt to avoid an accident and continue to press on the brake. My passenger and I were screaming to the top of our lungs and panicking. With stop signs and traffic lights up ahead, I was horrified. I continuously pressed on the brakes. Minutes later the roaring stopped and the car decreased in speed. After the incident, I immediately, called the dealership. And I brought the car in. I have taken the vehicle, prior to the incident, to the dealership several times with concerns regarding the issue of speed control and strange sounds coming from the car. They told me that they could not find a problem. I had to pick up the vehicle. Although the car had done this before, this last experience has been the worst. I feel that they are brushing me off. I could have lost my life and caused injury my passenger, to my children and others. I am attempting to make every effort to resolve the issue but I feel helpless. In fear, I do not want to drive the vehicle. However, I purchased the vehicle to secure a primary source of transportation.

- Houston, TX, USA