4.2

2014 Chevrolet Camaro miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Camaro:

2014 Chevrolet Camaro Owner Comments

Nov 082016

Camaro

Car ignition keeps hanging up and will not release key upon shut off. Traveling between states, a burning smell began to come through the vents, the car shut off without warning traveling 70 mph on the highway, remaining lit and appearing fully functioning. It struck me as very familiar to the ignition issue I have had for the way the car shut off and began to act. Upon stop and actually switching off, car would try to crank, but did not catch. After towing to dealership, car cranked and drove as usual. Check engine light indicated low fuel pressure, after diagnostics for the third time the dealership is still insisting nothing is wrong with this car. Key ring has a total of 3 keys and lightweight, definitely not weighing down the ignition. This is definitely computer related, electrical and affecting the mechanical ability of the car as well as the safety of the driver. I see numerous complaints about this issue online, no recalls have been found and Chevrolet is not correcting this despite numerous car fires reported and accidents probably caused.

- West Columbia, SC, USA

Apr 042016

Camaro

While driving I smelled smoke. After looking around I saw my back seat full of smoke. I pulled over immediately and was able to safety get out of the vehicle. The trunk popped open with flames coming out. I have a convertible and the top instantly ignited. The firemen where able to put out the fire but the fire spread through out the car.

- Grapevine, TX, USA

Feb 282016

Camaro

Heater core failed and has a leak. It is my wife's car. She was parked and it was a cold night in sf bay area. She got in, started the car and turned on the front windshield defroster. Immediately she could smell the odor and the windshield fogged over. She could see mist rising from the vents.

- Redwood City, CA, USA

Jan 302016

Camaro

The steering wheel has manual drive shift levers on both sides. When making a right turn sometimes the lever gets caught on keys causing the steering wheel to make a hard right turn resulting in momentary loss of steering control. I have almost driven into ditches or other objects due to this defect. Also, the shifter is not engaging properly causing the key to be get stuck in the ignition when the engine is off. In order to get the key to release I have to restart the engine, reverse and put the shifter back in the park position. Then I must engage the floor brake and release it until a clicking noise is heard inside the shifter. The key will then release. This problem has already been reported in other models of GM vehicles and part of a recall however my model has not been recalled. The dealer and manufacturer are not taking responsibility.

- Spring, TX, USA

Aug 222015

Camaro

Driving around exit 110 heading East on I-94, me and my wife were nearly run down by a crosset truck driver by the front of his truck. Based on the fact that the trailer was still in the right lane and the front of the truck rapidly swerned into the left lane, I would consider the idea that he dozed off. My wife swerved over and nearly hit the rails on the side of the highway to avoid a tragedy. And once we calmed down, we slowed way back and pulled over to let the trucker catch up to us. When he did I took pictures from my passenger seat so that we could identify the truck. When we reached the front of the vehicle at the drivers door with all of the necessary numbers, the driver stopped looking at the road and turned to take a picture of us. I am unsure why, but that is clearly illegal to use your phone or to fall asleep behind the wheel. I called the company and was told he is a professional so there was no reason to pull him off the road. Usdot # 551244, but I have pictures of the truck number and all additional identification numbers.

- Kalamazoo, MI, USA