2014 Chevrolet Camaro seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Camaro:

2014 Chevrolet Camaro Owner Comments

Jan 122015

Camaro 8-cyl

The car was making a turn in inclement weather when it lost traction. In every effort to slow the vehicle, my husband (whom was driving) downshifted to third gear, as the car was sliding into a ditch the clutch stuck to the floor (as it has done before on several occasions and has been mentioned to the local dealership), the brakes went out, the E-brake was pulled in an intense effort to slow the vehicle during the loss of control from impacting an electrical pole. When the first impact was made into the ditch, all 4 curtain airbags deployed. After the second full frontal impact into the electrical pole, the driver's side airbag deployed, however, the passenger side airbag did not even though it had an occupant.

- Felton, DE, USA

Oct 302014

The contact owns a 2014 Chevrolet Camaro. While driving approximately 25 mph, the vehicle crashed head on into another vehicle. The frontal air bags failed to deploy, but the side air bags deployed. The contact sustained neck and hand injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 5,400.

- Emporia, VA, USA

Jul 062014

I started the vehicle to run for my medications and the service air bag light was on.I called on star and they scanned it and there was a code U0151.they said that there was no air bag signal and in a crash most likely the air bags wouldn't go off and on star wouldn't be notified!I also have been having steering problems with the rack and pump and the steering wheel is off center to the left!I took the car to lucas Chevrolet and they said nothing was wrong with either.the wouldn't even call onstar to verify it happened and refused to do the open recall on my ignition keys.I took the car back and called onstar and the code was gone.onstar says they must of cleared and sent me on the way!Chevrolet is playing with peoples lives!

May 012014

My car does noy comply to federal regulations!my car was sold to me by burlington Chevrolet without having the required air bag warning labels on the sunvisors!when takinh my car to another dealer for issues I am have I told them about it and they claim that 2014 Camaros dont come with them, yet the early ones were recalled because the required warning labels were missing and or peeling!seems to be gms answer to everything anymore!not suppossed to be there, operating as designed, power steering fluid is suppossed to be outside the resovior!the sad thing is the attitude the dealers give you!they wouldnt have jobs if it wasnt for our tax dollars!

Apr 232014

Burlingto Chevrolet in New Jersey sold me and put inspection stickers on my 2014 Camaro, which does not comply with federal regulations for air bag labels.the Camaro does not have smart air bags, so warning labels are required notifying occupents of the dangers of air bags.please note I also have a nasty rubbing in my air bag which GM claims is fine.however in 2012 when this style air bag came out the sent letters to customers that if the air bags are making noises to bring them in for repair and inspection!I was told the noise is caused by too much pressure on the clock spring!they also have a tsb about the techs not being able to get the air bags off due to this condition!GM needs to recall these air bags as I have 2 other generation 5 Camaros and one was a 2012 which has the same air bag and wheel as my 2012 didnt make any noise or have steering issues!

Apr 152014

Camaro 6-cyl

Trying to park at low speed there is a rubbing sound of plastic and light metal.there was fluid on top of the reservoir! dealer cleaned it twice and it comes back.they claim the rubbing and scraping metal behind the air bag is fine. They even called GM, General Motors says its all fine!you can hear a wobble and whistle from under the hood while accelerating slightly and turning steering wheel.there is also a severe wobble from the pulleys and engine is vibrating like crazy!there is also a rattling metal sound when you start the cat that seems to be coming from the fuel tank!the dealer burlington Chevrolet says that I just don't know how the Camaro is. I bought two other geration fives. One from them! never in for nothing but maintenance. It was a great car!I also had a 2012 Camaro rs 45th anniversary and traded it with 21,000 miles and except for a brake leak at the reservoir that took about 5 times to fix that car was awesome. Once they fixed it I drove over a year with nothing but maintenance. I only traded it due to severe unibody damage!