2014 Chevrolet Camaro steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Camaro:

2014 Chevrolet Camaro Owner Comments

Feb 172016

Camaro

The contact owns a 2014 Chevrolet Camaro. While driving approximately 30 mph, the steering wheel shook violently. In addition, the front driver side wheel detached from the vehicle. There were no warning indicators. The vehicle had to be towed to a independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the front driver side alloy wheel, rubber valve, driver side C-liner, and hub and bearing needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The approximate failure mileage was 28,313.

- East Orange, NJ, USA

Jan 302016

Camaro

The steering wheel has manual drive shift levers on both sides. When making a right turn sometimes the lever gets caught on keys causing the steering wheel to make a hard right turn resulting in momentary loss of steering control. I have almost driven into ditches or other objects due to this defect. Also, the shifter is not engaging properly causing the key to be get stuck in the ignition when the engine is off. In order to get the key to release I have to restart the engine, reverse and put the shifter back in the park position. Then I must engage the floor brake and release it until a clicking noise is heard inside the shifter. The key will then release. This problem has already been reported in other models of GM vehicles and part of a recall however my model has not been recalled. The dealer and manufacturer are not taking responsibility.

- Spring, TX, USA

Jul 302015

Camaro

The contact owns a 2014 Chevrolet Camaro. While driving at approximately 20 mph and attempting to engage the brakes, the engine, power steering, and brakes seized. As a result, the contact's vehicle crashed into the rear of another vehicle. A police report was filed. It was unknown if any injuries were sustained. The vehicle was towed and not repaired. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Collinsville, IL, USA

Aug 192014

Camaro 6-cyl

I was pulling into a parking space making a sudden sharp left turn when the steering wheel locked up completely, brakes could no longer be depressed any further and the engine shut off completely. Once vehicle came to full stop, the ignition would not release my key or let me start the car after shifting it back into park. I tried shifting out and back into park, opening the driver door and closing it with no fix. After 3 minutes, the car finally let me start the engine and released the wheel, brakes and key. Onstar's diagnostic test at time of incident showed no problems. Went to dealership that evening and Chevy's technician said there are no codes that pull up. The technician and I both reenacted the situation with their diagnostic laptop and could not get the car to do it again and I was sent off with "no known issues found".

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jul 062014

Camaro

I started the vehicle to run for my medications and the service air bag light was on.I called on star and they scanned it and there was a code U0151.they said that there was no air bag signal and in a crash most likely the air bags wouldn't go off and on star wouldn't be notified!I also have been having steering problems with the rack and pump and the steering wheel is off center to the left!I took the car to lucas Chevrolet and they said nothing was wrong with either.the wouldn't even call onstar to verify it happened and refused to do the open recall on my ignition keys.I took the car back and called onstar and the code was gone.onstar says they must of cleared and sent me on the way!Chevrolet is playing with peoples lives!

May 142014

Camaro 6-cyl

Cr turn-off while driving. Unable to restart and lost use of power steering and brakes. Although a recall has been reported. To date, there has not been any letter from manufacturer, and the dealer will not take the car because it has not been provided a corrective action.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Apr 162014

Camaro

The my link system temperature readings were reading 133 degrees when the temp was really 64!I took it in and the dealer showed me a tsb saying that when you drive behind a car the system reads temps from the exhaust in the car in front of you!their solution is not to drive behind anyone!great job GM!the dual mode exhaust which is a $895 dollars option went after 248 miles. Sound so bad like an old catalytic converters guts went inside!parts has been on order for 2 weeks and its on national backorder! also still waiting for a steering rack!my right shoulder was severely injured when I could park in a spot and the steering wheels pressure took a mind of its own!severe pain!

Oct 312013

Camaro 6-cyl

Within two weeks after purchasing my car it stalled twice--both when stopped at red lights. I took car to dealership and they did a road test but could not replicate. On 4/9/2014 I was making a right hand turn and the car stalled in the middle of the intersection. I restarted the car, drove to my office and the car stalled when turning into the parking garage and again when turning into the parking space. Took to the dealership the following day and they kept for an extended test drive but could not replicate the problem. Since there were not any codes the car was returned to me.

- Thonotosassa, FL, USA

Apr 152014

Camaro 6-cyl

Trying to park at low speed there is a rubbing sound of plastic and light metal.there was fluid on top of the reservoir! dealer cleaned it twice and it comes back.they claim the rubbing and scraping metal behind the air bag is fine. They even called GM, General Motors says its all fine!you can hear a wobble and whistle from under the hood while accelerating slightly and turning steering wheel.there is also a severe wobble from the pulleys and engine is vibrating like crazy!there is also a rattling metal sound when you start the cat that seems to be coming from the fuel tank!the dealer burlington Chevrolet says that I just don't know how the Camaro is. I bought two other geration fives. One from them! never in for nothing but maintenance. It was a great car!I also had a 2012 Camaro rs 45th anniversary and traded it with 21,000 miles and except for a brake leak at the reservoir that took about 5 times to fix that car was awesome. Once they fixed it I drove over a year with nothing but maintenance. I only traded it due to severe unibody damage!