6.2

2015 Chevrolet Camaro drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Camaro:

2015 Chevrolet Camaro Owner Comments

Jul 302016

Camaro

Ive had issues with the motor dealer has had to change pistons and vales. Which isn't very unsafe until your driving on the highway then you lose all power..then you have to Dodge traffic..or else.. ive had issues with the tire sensor that keeps going out, dealer changed it once and within a month it started acting weird again. Keeps telling me to add air to the tires when I took it in to the dealer they said it was fine. Until I get a blow out and wreck. Ive had issues with some lights that flicker while im driving. The dealer says "that there is nothing wrong with the lights". GM is buying back this lemon they sold me, however they would like me to keep driving this car with two completely bald tires around while they decide exactly how much they want me to pay them for dealing with this obvious lemon that they sold me. That's the thanks I get for choosing to buy an american made vehicle. I will not even drive this one year old car because it is so unsafe, please look into or at least make some of this information available so that other honest hard working people don't get caught in this horrible situation..

- Perris, CA, USA

May 092016

Camaro

Purchased the car 4/2015 new - 5/6 I was driving my car when it started to shake and vibrate. I pulled over and it stopped. I brought it straight to the deal and it had a diagnostic code for engine misfire - no problem with car since that day 5/6. on 5/9 I was driving home from school and I pulled onto my home street and the car light came on transmission overheat - the car completley shut down and I could not start it again. I towed it to the dealer. - I was told the transmision was stuck in between 1st and 2nd gear and the transmission was completey fried - burned - melted - not 1 report on the diagnostic not 1 warning until it just stopped dead in the road. If I had been driving on the highway I would have been killed for the car just shutting down - and never started again - tires are pitted and bald - every 2 weeks I rec'd notice to put air in back tires from the day of purchase the air in back tires always neeeded air. Dealership and GM have deemed the warranty voided and will not replace the transmission or worn tires on a 1 yr old car - how can a transmission burn out in 3 days"? it had just had a diagnostics done at the dealership on 5/6 when the engine malfunctioned- I was told it was a misfire!!! and then 3 days later on 5/9 the transmission was burned out ???- mechanic said it was stuck in between 1st and 2nd gears??? how can that happen if I only drive in automatic?? how come there was no warnings about the slip in gears as well?? or a warning about the overheating of the transmission before it melted"

- Marlboro, NJ, USA

Jul 122016

Camaro

The car makes a load popping noise when started but only once right after it starts. The car will run like it is in gear or missing and want to move forward, even with the clutch press down and in gear. It is very hard to get in gear with the clutch pressed or will not go in to gear, 1st or 2nd so driving can be very dangerous.

- Lafayette Hill, PA, USA

Nov 102015

Camaro

2015 Chevy Camaro rs / 2lt commemorative edition: The transmission configuration on this vehicle is hazardous. First gear is located adjacent to the reverse gear on the upper left. Very little buffer between first and reverse and is effortless to move the transmission into reverse when you want to choose first gear. When accelerating from a stopped position it is very common to move the shifter into reverse instead of first gear. I've had several close calls with the vehicle moving backward instead of forward. This poor configuration is hazardous and can be potentially fatal. I strongly advise the NHTSA to open an investigation into this matter. Please view thread below for more details: www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?P=9015025&posted=1#post9015025

- San Diego, CA, USA

Sep 082015

Camaro

The infotament system freezes, turns on and off randomly park will not hold and the vehicles will roll into park; it fails to hold and vehicle rolls when brake pedal is released when braking or accelerating, a noise in rear of vehicle, like clunking or a popping sound, can be heard

- Covina, CA, USA