3.1

2012 Chevrolet Captiva miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Captiva:

2012 Chevrolet Captiva Owner Comments

Oct 272016

Captiva

My Captiva has approx 40,000 miles on it, it randomly will not start, fhe first time this happened I called aaa, then while waiting for triple aaa, I tried it again and it turned on. It randomly happens and when I put the key in the ignition, I cannot get the key out and it gets stuck. This has happened multiple times. Also, the radio randomly doesnt work or, randomly all the stations are changed, the remote key opener doesnt work when all this is happening as well. In 2015 the ac was not working, it took three different repair shops to finally fix it, the battery has also been replaced. This morning the key got locked in, never returned to being able to start. When I called dealership to tell them I'm having it towed in they said the car has to be showing the "symptoms" before they can do anything about it, so today since it never went back to normal and the key is still stuck in ignition I am having it towed in. I'm assuming its electrical related, I sure hope the air bags arent affected by all this, it's bad enough never knowing if the car's going to start or not.

- Newton, MA, USA

Oct 022015

Captiva

I was driving, going around 60 mph on the highway 684 towards white plains, NY. Heard a very loud sound, raised my eyes slightly upward to the right to discover my sunroof shattered. Some of it fell into the car leaving a hole. The glass remaining, looked as though there was a pressure build up inside of the car because it is raised towards the roof of the car. I now worried that once I get the roof repaired, this may happen again. Luckily, the glass that fell into the car did not come down on my head, which could have caused me to lose control of the car.

- Propspect, CT, USA

May 182015

Captiva

I got into my car and closed the door. I don't recall if I had put the key into the ignition yet, when I heard a loud "boom" sound like that of a explosion. I turned around and looked at my rear window there was about a 1 foot whole and the remainder of the window is shattered waiting to cave in. I got out and looked, the force blew the molding off on the left side of the window and it and multiple pieces of shattered glass were on the ground. My neighbors and I just stood there and looked because we had never seen anything like that before. Thankfully I had not pulled off yet, and no one was injured.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA