2012 Chevrolet Captiva miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Captiva:

2012 Chevrolet Captiva Owner Comments

Oct 022015

I was driving, going around 60 mph on the highway 684 towards white plains, NY. Heard a very loud sound, raised my eyes slightly upward to the right to discover my sunroof shattered. Some of it fell into the car leaving a hole. The glass remaining, looked as though there was a pressure build up inside of the car because it is raised towards the roof of the car. I now worried that once I get the roof repaired, this may happen again. Luckily, the glass that fell into the car did not come down on my head, which could have caused me to lose control of the car.

- Propspect, CT, USA

May 182015

I got into my car and closed the door. I don't recall if I had put the key into the ignition yet, when I heard a loud "boom" sound like that of a explosion. I turned around and looked at my rear window there was about a 1 foot whole and the remainder of the window is shattered waiting to cave in. I got out and looked, the force blew the molding off on the left side of the window and it and multiple pieces of shattered glass were on the ground. My neighbors and I just stood there and looked because we had never seen anything like that before. Thankfully I had not pulled off yet, and no one was injured.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA