2014 Chevrolet Captiva miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Captiva:

2014 Chevrolet Captiva Owner Comments

Jun 012016

The air gets hot when sitting still. The air even on high will barely work at times. When switched on just the tip face vents, it becomes stuck blowing only on feet for days at a time.

- Loris, SC, USA

Oct 312015

While driving I was suddenly overcome by a noxious odor which caused burning in my eyes, nose and throat. I turned off my A/C and opened my windows which helped dilute the odor. By chance I lifted my driver-side visor and a loud clicking occurred. I repeated this to try to figure out what was wrong, then when I grasped the rod that the visor slides on my fingers were burned and blistered.because it was so hot. The cabin lights flicker and the headlights do as well. The ceiling area by the visor becomes very hot to the touch. When the car is off, it begins to cool. I think this has been coming on for a while because of the flickering, but I had no idea that it might all be related. By the way, I had my car less than 9 months when the battery died. Odd for a 2014 vehicle.

- Cibolo, TX, USA

Jul 092015

On July 9, 2015 at approximately 4pm I noticed what appeared to be (cold) frost blowing from the inside vents of my vehicle, and as I looked at the temp. Gauge I noticed it was going up in the 200S so I immediately turned on my heat too reduced the temp., because I thought th vehicle was over heating. But after awhile I notied the temp was not going down so I switched ti the ac, and immediately the temp. Began to go down back to normal, which is 181 on average. I'm not sure what this means, as I did have coolant in the overflow tank. I took the vehicle in for an oil change and mentioned this issue to the service person and they stated something about the ac compressor, which I did not understand. So I've been running my ac whenever the temp gauge goes up. To this day I still don't know why this is happening.

- Lexington Park , MD, USA