6.0

1. replace motor mount (1 reports)
1997 Chevrolet Cavalier engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier:

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

Aug 142007

Cavalier 2.2L

I know my problem isn't electrical, but because of the other complaints in this section, I decided to write it here so it might help whoever looks there. My car was jerking when I put it from park to drive, and especially when switching from drive to park. It also jerked in other gears, but these 2 were the worst. I thought it was a tranny problem, so I filled the tank...with alot of fluid. Too much actually, because come to find out, it had nothing to do with the tranny. The guy that worked on it had to drain it for me, but also solved the real problem, which was the front motor mount. If you don't replace the motor mounts when they wear, you will mess up your engine!!! and whatever else it hits!!

- , Plainfield, CT, USA