8.0

1. replace transmission (1 reports)
1997 Chevrolet Cavalier transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier:

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

Apr 112006

Cavalier 2.2L

I went to back up and there was no reverse. I got home without reverse but it was slipping the whole way. I removed the tranny pan and there was a ton of metal pieces in with the fluid. Now the good news. I found a used transmission at a salvage yard for $100 and it only had 45,000 miles on it. One weekend of work and I changed the transmission in my garage. After $100 ,and a new filter and fluid I have driven the car for 70,000 more miles with no problems.

- , Cato, WI, USA