- August 10: GM Recalls 2017 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Trucks recalls | 6 days ago
- August 7: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit About Vortec 5300 Engines Dismissed news | 9 days ago
- August 6: Duramax Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Are Illegal news | 10 days ago
- August 4: GM Recalls Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 recalls | 12 days ago
- July 30: GM Agrees to Settle Hundreds of Ignition Switch Cases news | 17 days ago
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
Worst 1998 Cavalier steering Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- sqeaking sound when the steering is turned2
- popping noise from steering when turning1
- NHTSA: Steering: Rack And Pinion30
- NHTSA: Steering10
- NHTSA: Steering: Gear Box (Other Than Rack And Pinion)4
- NHTSA: Steering: Column3
- NHTSA: Steering: Rack And Pinion: Rack3
- NHTSA: Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist: Pump2
- NHTSA: Steering: Wheel And Handle Bar2
- NHTSA: Steering: Column Locking: Anti-Theft Device1
- NHTSA: Steering: Gear Box: Shaft Pitman1
- NHTSA: Steering: Linkages: Arm: Idler And Attachment1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cavalier Model Years
Curious how the 1998 Cavalier compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cavalier overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cavalier.