1998 Chevrolet Cavalier transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier:

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

Nov 081999

Cavalier

My vehicle has trouble doing everything a new car should do. This vehicle has jeopordized my families safety on numerous occasions. Having the horn not work when another vehicle pulls out on me is a serious matter which should be looked into. Everytime the oil is changed on the car they come back and tell me the transmission is leaking again. Obviously replacing the shaft seal is not fixing the problem especially when it leaks again 3000 miles in between dealership visits. Having a constant gasoline and sulfer odor emitting from the vehicle worries me especially considering I have two very young children.when brought up to the dealership they will not look into the matter anymore unless a engine light is on. This vehicle will shortly run out of warranty and I believe General Motors has blown off my letters, phonecalls and E-mails knowing this. Thank you for your time in this matter, sincerely clifton cole.

- Buffalo, NY, USA