1999 Chevrolet Cavalier engine problems: engine turns over but will not start

Engine Turns Over But Will Not Start

8.0

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier:

ERROR -- [ CarComplaints.com ]

There's been an error - Database connection not made: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

Please click your browser's Back button to try again.

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

Oct 012010

Cavalier

This car will turn over and over and over, but will not start if I don't give it a little gas. With a little gas it always starts.

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA

Sep 152007

Cavalier 2.2L

car will crank and crank and crank but usually won't start without giving gas which is stupid because its a fuel injected car; i recently put new plugs and wires in and after a few days running them it has started immediately 4X in a row so far....

- , Gardners, PA, USA

Feb 182008

Cavalier 2DR 2.2L

this car has been a GEM, despite the high miles. Suddenly, It decided not to start. I have full battery power (jump start doesn't do anything). i.e. I can turn the ignition switch with headlights on and they do NOT dim. Everything electrical works except the ignition. You can hear the fuel pump engage, but absolutely NO other sound(no starter, solenoid, etc) when you turn the ignition. However, that damn "Theft System" light is now on all the time (constant) when the key is on.

I have disconnected the battery for HOURs, to no avail. I have removed and replaced the theft system fuse and all that happens is the light goes off while I have the fuse out. I have left the ignition switch on, as a mechanic suggested, for 10 minutes (i tried that repeatedly and for as long as 30minutes) without any success.

HOW DO YOU FIX THIS DAMN IDIOTIC ROCKET SCIENCE CRAP!!!

- , Aurora, CO, USA

Jul 122007

Cavalier

On a cold day my car starts immediately..... on a warm or rainy day, it turns over and sometimes won't start unless I give her some gas. This shouldn't happen with a fuel injected car and the garage can't figure out what is wrong with it. It's annoying as hell!

- , Corner Brook, NL, Canada

Jul 162006

Cavalier

okay the engine will turn over but it won't start. I really don't know what's wrong with it. I've had 3 guys look at it so far and one says it's electrical and I would base my guess on his guess too. But for certain, I am suppose to take it in... but I want to know if anyone can help figure what it would be so when I actually take it in or decide on that... I will not be ripped off at the garage!

- , Kenora, Ontario, Canada