1. sub frame repaired (1 reports)
1999 Chevrolet Cavalier suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier:

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

Mar 202013

Cavalier 2.2L

Just bought this car in November, 2012 from a used car dealer (last time ever; next time, I'll buy from private owner). Paid $3,600, had 63,800 original miles. Assumed used cars from these crooked dealers would at least get safety checks before it goes on the lot, but nope, let the buyer beware! Runs great, but around mid-March, the front end kept pulling to the right, was on the freeway, too. I took it in to have it checked. Lo and behold, the engine was about to drop onto the pavement. The sub-frame was so full of holes and rusted, I was lucky the engine didn't drop on the freeway. I was told to "junk" the car, but I still had over 2 1/2 years to pay on this used car, so I had no choice but to have it fixed. I took it to a frame shop (Harold's Frame Shop) in Novi, MI, because as far back as 1977, they have been known for, as well as a great reputation for honest and solid work; these guys can be trusted. They replaced the sub-frame and did a great job, and was very fair on the parts and labor. My car has 80,000 miles so far, and running great.

- , Novi, MI, USA