9.0

1. replace fuel pump (2 reports)
2000 Chevrolet Cavalier fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier:

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

May 042007

Cavalier Base 4dr 2.2L I4

The car would start and run on local roads fine, but would occasionally stall on the highway, especially accelerating hard and/or going uphill. It got progressively worse. I brought it to the dealer and they told me nothing was wrong except it needed a new fuel filter. Paid them $250 to diagnose the problem and put in a filter. 30 minutes later the car stalled again on a major highway and I almost got rear-ended by someone tailgating me. Another $120 to get it towed. Brought it to a nearby -reputable- local mechanic and they determined it was the fuel pump. Repair would have been over $500 including labor but it was covered under my extended warranty. I haven't had this problem since the pump was replaced.

- , Carlstadt, NJ, USA

Mar 302004

Cavalier LS

i would be driving then all of the sudden my car use start slowing down and i wouldn't be able to push on the gas. my fuel pump was out. so my car thought that it didn't have any gas in it.

- , Great Falls, MT, USA