4.0

1. need to replace lock (1 reports)
2001 Chevrolet Cavalier accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier:

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

Nov 252002

Cavalier

This problem started last winter. When the temp goes down, the lock on the drivers door is super hard to turn (keyed part). I lubed the lock myself & took the door panel off to make sure the linkage was moving correctly & it is. The problem seems to be in the lock itself.

I took the car in to be fixed last winter and the garage just lubed the lock. This did not help. The problem was toward last winter & when the temp went up, the problem went away until now. We took the car back in & they lubed the lock again! Explained to them both times the problem & no one cares to listen. I guess I will have to try another garage. It will suck if the key breaks!!

- , L, P, USA