2001 Chevrolet Cavalier accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier:

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

Nov 212003

My car since I bought it(2001 Z24 Cavalier) has given me problem after problem. Piston rods failing, fuel pump leaking, crankshaft failure, gear box bent causing me to only start car in neutral and can't park on hills. Also... valves have broken numerous times, engine accelerates on its own, fuel gauge was broken, power steering pump leaking, sunroof shattered on me... everything has broken on this brand new car I bought. The dealership will not help me even under warranty... I got a lemon and they want me to keep it. So many problems I cant list them all... most recently I was driving with my 11 month old son and we just got the car out of the shop after 14 days repair on a valve, and the next day we were driving and the engine seized up on me and brakes, and I had to use the emergency brake to stop us from crashing. I had the car towed in and the connected some hose they "forgot" to connect and told me to leave. After we almost could of died, I will not get into the vehicle that I am still have to pay for too. I wish someone could help me! (incident date is most recent occurrence)

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Apr 052001

Consumer was driving about 35 mph with sun roof up, and it suddenly shattered. Glass was all over. Dealer said that it was normal to happen, and cause could have been a rock on the road.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA