2002 Chevrolet Cavalier accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier:

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

Mar 212014

Cavalier STD Std 4 cyl

Was told when originally noticed at about 219000 that it was nothing to worry about and would never go beyond being a slight wobbly. Well, I took the Chevrolet dealership for their word and continued to drive and actually thought they were correct as it did seem to stay the same until today when the top half of steering column came off in my lap as I turned a corner. Lucky for me I was at low speed and got stopped and did not hit another car.

I called the dealer that had told me It would be OK and was basically told there was no recall and car had too many miles on it to be covered under any warranty so I said I will contact someone else at GM and was hung up on . I have really enjoyed this car and a lifetime of driving GM cars even when employed as a service writer at a Ford dealership but I feel that what happened to me could be a bigger issue if it happened at highway speed

- , DuQuoin, IL, USA