2002 Chevrolet Cavalier brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier:

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

Jun 082010

Cavalier LS 2.4L 4 cyl

My car is starting to scare me. The other day I was driving in the rain and i was trying to come to a stop when my brakes started to grind and my car wouldnt stop. I was so scared that my brakes would not work in the city and that I would be in another accident. This happened to me several more times over the past few weeks, so I decided to take my car to the guy who usually fixes our vehicles. I told him what had been happening, and he checked out my brakes and said he couldnt see anything wrong with the brakes themselves. What he did tell me is that I would have to take it back to a dealership to have it checked out.He mentioned that it could be a problem with my ABS on my car and that the price of the repair could range anywhere from $160-$1450. Thanks GM for selling me a POS!

- , Milledgeville, GA, USA