2003 Chevrolet Cavalier brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier:

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

Jun 242005

Cavalier 4-cyl

The service engine soon, ABS and track off lights began turning off and on periodically in mid May 2005. The car was taken to the dealer on May 19, 2005 for routine service and for the warning lights just mentioned. The lights began turning on again and the car was taken back to the dealer on June 20, 2005. The leftwheel sensor, and an oxygen sensor were replaced, this, I was told, would fix the problem. On June 24th the car began miss firing on my way to work. The problem was so severe that I had to have the car towed to another dealer. This dealer's techincian informed me that the fuel pump was bad, and probably was on the 20th, when the other dealer serviced it. And more upsetting to me, I was further informed that the wheel sensor dealer #1 had replaced was still not working properly. I now have paid nearly $1200 in repair costs, and my car is still miss firing, the three lights I listed above are still on, and now the check engine light is on too. The car is totally unsafe to drive. It has just under 50K miles, I drive carefully and the car has been very well maintained. I truely believe there is a serious and dangerous defect with this vehicle that GM's trained mechanics are unable to diagnose and repair. This, I was told

- Berkeley Springs, WV, USA