8.0

1. starter replaced under warranty (2 reports)
2003 Chevrolet Cavalier electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier:

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments

Dec 062006

Cavalier LS Sport

After having my brand new car off the lot for about two months I took it in because it was having trouble starting. I would crank it and it would make a funny noise. After cranking the second time it would start up right away. I finally took it in and my starter had already gone bad. Thank God for warranties.

- , Cleveland, OH, USA

Dec 062006

Cavalier LS Sport

My starter went bad for the second time after going bad the first time when I was under 3k miles. This time the mechanic had the nerve to ask me how I knew it was my starter. I replied smartly that it had happened before. Sure enough, it was my starter. Go figure. I bought a Cavalier because I see many from the 80s still running. But these new Cavaliers aren't worth a dime.

- , Cleveland, OH, USA