2.4

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier:

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

May 182008

Cavalier

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2 door coupe fuel pump stopped working.

- Westford, MA, USA

May 092008

Cavalier

I have a 2003 Chevy Cavalier and my fuel pump failed at 51,200 miles. It was extremely sudden. I had to have it replaced for a total of $460.46usd. I've had the car for a little over a year now and I have driven the car respectfully. This needs to be addressed and recalled asap.

- Altoona, PA, USA

May 082008

Cavalier 4-cyl

On a 4 hour road trip my car stopped accelerating as I was driving down interstate 77. Therefore, I pulled off the road and came to a complete stop. I tried to restart the car after a few minutes had passed. However, it would not. After sitting on the side of the interstate for approximately 3 hours waiting for my boyfriend to drive 2 hours out of his way to come and get me and for the tow truck to tow me somewhere...we found a small shop that was approximately 5 miles away. They checked it out and said the fuel pump had gone out on it. They replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter. Parts cost $315 dollars, labor was $100, and misc. Charges and tax fees brought the grand total to $450 dollars. Oh and don't for the tow and the gas that my boyfriend wasted driving down to pick me up and driving me down 2 days later to pick up my car. Old parts are not available!

- Sagamore Hills, OH, USA