- September 17: GM Says Takata Airbag Recall of 980,000 Vehicles is Unnecessary news | 9 days ago
- September 9: General Motors Recalls 4 Million Vehicles recalls | 17 days ago
- August 27: GM Recalls 383,000 Cars, SUVs and Police Pursuit Vehicles recalls | 30 days ago
- August 17: Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid Recalled Due To Stalling recalls | 40 days ago
- July 29: GM Recalls Chevrolet Cruze Over Missing Headlight Codes recalls | 59 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: Widespread instrument panel failure is a common and frustrating reality for many 2004-2005 Chevy Cavalier owners. They're often left in the dark when it comes to knowing how fast they're going, what their engine temperature is, or even how much fuel they have left in the tank.
The likely culprit is a series of bad "stepper motors" which control the gauges and are no longer covered under warranty. Think not being able to see your speed is a safety issue and should be recalled for all owners? We'd agree. Trouble is, apparently the NHTSA does not.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 128,710 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- cancel cam cracked cracked wire replaced cancel cam (1 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)
accessories - interior problem