- March 5: Chevy Cruze Emissions Lawsuit Will Continue news | 54 days ago
- February 8: General Motors Recalls Chevrolet Cruze Cars to Fix Seats recalls | 79 days ago
- February 5: GM Recalls 2017 Chevrolet Suburban HD Vehicles recalls | 82 days ago
Engine Stalls/Shuts Off While Driving
CarComplaints.com Notes: Widespread instrument panel failure is a common and frustrating reality for many 2004-2005 Chevy Cavalier owners. They're often left in the dark when it comes to knowing how fast they're going, what their engine temperature is, or even how much fuel they have left in the tank.
The likely culprit is a series of bad "stepper motors" which control the gauges and are no longer covered under warranty. Think not being able to see your speed is a safety issue and should be recalled for all owners? We'd agree. Trouble is, apparently the NHTSA does not.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 62,123 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 9 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (6 reports)
- new engine (1 reports)
- new fuel pump module (1 reports)
- replace switch & lever (1 reports)