- August 10: GM Recalls 2017 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Trucks recalls | 8 days ago
- August 7: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit About Vortec 5300 Engines Dismissed news | 11 days ago
- August 6: Duramax Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Are Illegal news | 12 days ago
- August 4: GM Recalls Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 recalls | 14 days ago
- July 30: GM Agrees to Settle Hundreds of Ignition Switch Cases news | 19 days ago
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier
fuel system Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Widespread instrument panel failure is a common and frustrating reality for many 2004-2005 Chevy Cavalier owners. They're often left in the dark when it comes to knowing how fast they're going, what their engine temperature is, or even how much fuel they have left in the tank.
The likely culprit is a series of bad "stepper motors" which control the gauges and are no longer covered under warranty. Think not being able to see your speed is a safety issue and should be recalled for all owners? We'd agree. Trouble is, apparently the NHTSA does not.
Worst 2004 Cavalier fuel system Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- fuel pump failure7
- emission control system malfunction2
- trouble starting1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline8
- NHTSA: Fuel/Propulsion System3
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Storage: Tank Assembly: ...1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other: Delivery: Fuel Pump1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other: Storage: Fuel Gauge System1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cavalier Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Cavalier compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cavalier overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cavalier.