- October 22: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans recalls | 6 days ago
- September 17: GM Says Takata Airbag Recall of 980,000 Vehicles is Unnecessary news | 41 days ago
- September 9: General Motors Recalls 4 Million Vehicles recalls | 49 days ago
- August 27: GM Recalls 383,000 Cars, SUVs and Police Pursuit Vehicles recalls | 62 days ago
- August 17: Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid Recalled Due To Stalling recalls | 72 days ago
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier
fuel system Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Widespread instrument panel failure is a common and frustrating reality for many 2004-2005 Chevy Cavalier owners. They're often left in the dark when it comes to knowing how fast they're going, what their engine temperature is, or even how much fuel they have left in the tank.
The likely culprit is a series of bad "stepper motors" which control the gauges and are no longer covered under warranty. Think not being able to see your speed is a safety issue and should be recalled for all owners? We'd agree. Trouble is, apparently the NHTSA does not.
Worst 2004 Cavalier fuel system Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- fuel pump failure7
- emission control system malfunction2
- trouble starting1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline8
- NHTSA: Fuel/Propulsion System3
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Storage: Tank Assembly: ...1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other: Delivery: Fuel Pump1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other: Storage: Fuel Gauge System1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cavalier Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Cavalier compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cavalier overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cavalier.