- January 7: 2015 Chevy Corvette Lawsuit Says Car is Defective news | 30 days ago
- January 5: General Motors Recalls SUVs Due To Rowdy Robotic Welder recalls | 32 days ago
- December 29: GM Recalls Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon Trucks recalls | 39 days ago
- December 21: GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Capacity Lawsuit Filed news | 47 days ago
Fuel Pump Failure
CarComplaints.com Notes: Widespread instrument panel failure is a common and frustrating reality for many 2004-2005 Chevy Cavalier owners. They're often left in the dark when it comes to knowing how fast they're going, what their engine temperature is, or even how much fuel they have left in the tank.
The likely culprit is a series of bad "stepper motors" which control the gauges and are no longer covered under warranty. Think not being able to see your speed is a safety issue and should be recalled for all owners? We'd agree. Trouble is, apparently the NHTSA does not.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 94,711 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 7 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new fuel pump (6 reports)
- new fuel system (1 reports)
fuel system problem