2.6

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier:

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Oct 272008

Cavalier

After only approximately 60,000 miles, the speedometer on my 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier is not reading correctly. Sometimes is sticks on any given speed, while other times it will just read about 10 miles an hour faster or slower than I am actually going. I researched the issue online and found that this is a very very common problem with Cavalier owners. While the problem has not been the cause of an accident for me, it certainly has the potential to cause accidents for other owners of this vehicle. To view other complaints of the same issue for the Chevrolet Cavalier please visit the following link. www.carcomplaints.com/Chevrolet/Cavalier/2005/electrical/speedometer_is_not_accurate.shtml fortunately for me, my instrument panel will be covered under my extended warranty at a cost of only $100 to me. Others will be charged up to about $300 to correct the problem...or they will continue to drive their vehicles with a broken speedometer. Thank you for taking the time to look into this issue.

- Norma, NJ, USA

Oct 212008

Cavalier

The speedometer has gone haywire. It gets stuck at the far right end showing over 110 mph when I'm driving only 20 mph. When completely stopped, it will show 60 to 70 mph as the speed. Once in a great while, it will work for a few minutes or so. I do not know how fast I am actually going and this is a very real safety hazard. I've been told I might have to replace my dash and this could be very costly- I have only 26,000 miles on my 2005 Cavalier, have owned for less than 4 years, and have 2 years yet to pay on my loan.

- Oregon, OH, USA

Aug 252008

Cavalier

Malfunctioning speedometer!!!! I have a 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier purchased brand new from GM. The spedometer is often putting out faulty readings and sometimes getting stuck where it will not read at all. Several people are out there with malfunctioning spedometers put out by GM between 05 and 07 and GM will not do anything about it.

- Lexington, OH, USA

Jul 202008

Cavalier

I own a 2005 Chevy Cavalier, it has approximately 53,752 miles and the speedometer quit working. It is stuck on 80 mph and when I drive it goes up to 110 mph. This is very dangerous because I don't know exactly how fast I am driving. This should be recalled because I have done a bit of research and have found there are many people experiencing this same problem. If there wasn't something wrong with the way the car is made then why would just about everyone have the same problem at approximately the same mileage on this make and model of car.

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Apr 082007

Cavalier

My gauges on my 2005 Cavalier don't work at all and want to see if be fixed for free.

- Winder, GA, USA

Jun 042008

Cavalier 4-cyl

2005 Cavalier speedometer started displaying incorrect speed and will not reset to 0. this is a dangerous problem which requires immediate attention. Research on the internet reveals this to be a common problem and should be recalled by the manufacturer (there is even an online petition for recall).

- Ocala, FL, USA

May 102007

Cavalier 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier. The speedometer became erratic and then failed. The contact was informed that the failure and repair were her responsibility. She paid $346 for the repair. The current mileage was 67,900 and failure mileage was 60,000. Updated 01/17/08 updated 01/17/08

- Cleveland, OH, USA