8.8

2. dealer reset 3 times (1 reports)
  3. had to install new ignition switch by dealer (1 reports)
2004 Chevrolet Classic electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Classic:

2004 Chevrolet Classic Owner Comments

Jun 122013

Classic 2.2L

March 3, 2014 still on hold with GM motors seeing why there is STILL NO RECALL YET !!! FOR THE ANTI THEFT SYSTEM LIGHT GOES ON AND YOU CAN NOT START YOUR CAR AND THEN YOU HAVE TO PUT THE KEY ON THE FIRST CLICK AND WAIT 10 -15 MINUTES THEN TRY TO START IT. THIS IS A MANUFACTURE DEFAULT AND THEY ARE SAYING YOU WILL HAVE TO BRING IT TO A DEALER AND PAY OUT OF POCKET TO FIX IT. THAT'S CRAZY WHEN IT IS THE MANUFACTURES FAULT !!!

- , Westfield, MA, USA

Jul 122012

Classic LS 2.2L

Went to start the car at night and it wouldn't - it would turn over but I could tell that the fuel line had shut off similar to having a bad fuel pump. I was not aware of the the common failure of the anti-theft system until I had it towed and had to pay $600 to have a new ignition switch put in. After talking to others this was a common complaint and I felt like I was in good company as we all had similar experiences.

- , St. Ann, MO, USA

May 202006

Classic

Here is the problem with my car. At any time the car may not crand, if you let it set for any given amount of time it will crank when you go back. First time this happen I was in Columbia SC at a discount store, when to turn the key and the car wont crank. My husband towed the car home and when we got home turn the key and it crank. We took the car to a mechanic the next day and he put on machine and found nothiing wrong. Several months later my kids and I went to Carowinds and got ready to leave and the car wont crank. Call a towing company and we were towed to the Hotel next door to Carowinds and when he let the car down, my son decided to turn the keys and you guest it. (the car started). On anothe occassion, my kids and I were going to Columbia and we stop at a station for gas. Got back in and turn the keys and it wont crank, this time it took a week for it to crank. Next time we were in Columbia again and at my daughter's house, got back in the car to leave and it wont crank. This is very disturbing because you never know when it will not crank.

- , Cameron, SC, USA

Apr 222009

Classic

Ive been having lots of problems with the Pass Lock System, unfortunately i've had the ignition replaced $200, the Pass-Lock Codes that the system lost $105. and yet this morning got off work and ... Nothing waited the BS 20 minutes, and ... Nothing. I wish this had a fuse or a switch that can be switched off, or actually recalled.

- , Dallas, Oregon, USA

Jul 192004

Classic V4

This car has been towed 3 times since being bought. Dealer service department says it might be because of keys hanging off of ignition. To only use the ignition key which has helped but from time to time the security light goes on for no reason. I am afraid to drive the car for any long distance as car will not start when this happens. This should be fixed under a re-call as even the dealership knew it was a re-occurrence problem.

- , Charlotte, NC, USA