- March 24: Chevy Malibu Recalled To Fix Sensitive Sunroof Switch
- March 25: Family of Ignition Switch Victim Brooke Melton Settles GM Lawsuit
- March 13: Chevy Volt Recalled After Carbon Monoxide Sickens People
- March 13: GM Lowers Warranty Coverage From 100,000 Miles to 60,000 Miles
- March 10: Chevrolet Cruze Recalled For Parking Brake Failures
2005 Chevrolet Classic
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2005 Chevrolet Classic
Official recall notices have been issued for the 2005 Chevrolet Classic by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions. It's important to note that most recalls won't cost you anything to get fixed, so if your car is affected you should call an authorized Chevrolet service shop immediately!
2005 Chevrolet Classic SUSPENSION:REAR NHTSA Campaign #05V054000
Summary: Certain passenger vehicles equipped with rear suspension knuckle bolts that are not to specification and could fracture under high loads that can occur in some driving conditions.
Consequence: If the bolt fracture, the rear suspension linkage could detach from the knuckle and the rear wheel would be able to turn inboard or outboard. Sudden changes in vehicle handling could occur, particularly at higher speeds, and the driver may not be able to control the vehicle and a crash could occur without warning.
Actions: Dealers will replace both rear suspension knuckle bolts free of charge. The recall began on February 9, 2005. Owners may contact Chevrolet at 1-800-630-2438 or Pontiac at 1-800-620-7668. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #05V054000 »