2005 Chevrolet Cobalt lights problems: turn signals not shutting off automatically

Turn Signals Not Shutting Off Automatically

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

CarComplaints.com Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

CarComplaints.com Notes: The Cobalt was introduced to replace two of Chevy’s smaller cars, the Cavalier and Prizm. But the compact’s fresh start that Chevy was hoping for was riddled with issues, most notably widespread power steering failure.

The power steering failed so often that GM was forced to issue a recall in March, 2010. Great, but what about other problems like the key getting stuck in the ignition or all the other electrical demons this car possesses?

And, oh yes — then there’s the terribly dangerous issue where the Cobalt randomly shuts off while driving. As it turns out, that problem is related to GM’s massive 2014 recall for a dangerous ignition switch defect. A recall that eventually ballooned to 2.6 million vehicles in one of the automotive industry’s biggest scandals.

4.0

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt:

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Owner Comments

Apr 222008

Cobalt

2005 was 1st year for Cobalt. Figured there would be a bug or two. After they replaced the turn signal switch, it was ok for a few thousand miles, but it is doing it again. This time I would have to pay to get it fixed. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. If it gets worst, I will. I haven't decided if I would buy a Cobalt again.

- , Elwood, IN, USA