- June 27: GM Recalls Chevrolet SS Cars Over Loss of Power Steering recalls | 0 days ago
- June 21: Chevrolet HHR Owner Says Ignition Switch Caused Crash news | 6 days ago
- June 18: GM Self-Driving Cars Ready For Action news | 9 days ago
- June 13: Chevy Corvette Z06 Lawsuit Says Cars Enter 'Limp Mode' news | 14 days ago
- May 31: General Motors Still Battling Ignition Switch Lawsuits news | 27 days ago
NHTSA — Steering: Electric Power Assist System Problems
2005 Chevrolet Cobalt (Page 3 of 3)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Cobalt was introduced to replace two of Chevy’s smaller cars, the Cavalier and Prizm. But the compact’s fresh start that Chevy was hoping for was riddled with issues, most notably widespread power steering failure.
The power steering failed so often that GM was forced to issue a recall in March, 2010. Great, but what about other problems like the key getting stuck in the ignition or all the other electrical demons this car possesses?
And, oh yes — then there’s the terribly dangerous issue where the Cobalt randomly shuts off while driving. As it turns out, that problem is related to GM’s massive 2014 recall for a dangerous ignition switch defect. A recall that eventually ballooned to 2.6 million vehicles in one of the automotive industry’s biggest scandals.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 1
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 1
- Average Mileage:
- 47,498 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.