CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Cobalt continued to carry the torch first lit by the 2005 model year. To be clear, that torch is burning bright with widespread power steering issues, electrical curiosities and a dangerous ignition switch defect which led to a massive recall by GM. This isn’t a great torch to carry.

5.0

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Owner Comments

May 122009

Cobalt

My husband and I purchased to 2006 Chevy Cobalt in September of 06. Since the purchase of my, "brand new" car the air conditioning, power locks, and power steering have all ceased to work. My air conditioning only worked for one summer. The power locks went out about 6 months ago. Now, the most concerning is that my power steering has now failed. I turn the car on and have power steering for approximately 2-3 minutes, then the cars power steering fails. I will never have the money to replace any parts because of the high payments and insurance. My poor husband is a pizza delivery person! this is the worst thing to happen. I tried to buy an american made car hoping that I would at least get to drive it for a few years without having it break down. Now GM is getting my paycheck and the taxes they took out of it!! this is plain wrong! I will never buy GM again.

- Topeka, KS, USA

Feb 142008

Cobalt

My A/C leaks horribly on the passenger side floorboard, I had it blown out 4 times and it is good for about a week. These models are missing a seal between the ac housing. It should be a recall. My locks are also freaking out. They lock/unlock by themselves, my car is only 2 yrs old!!!!!!!!!!!

- Bunkie, LA, USA