- June 27: GM Recalls Chevrolet SS Cars Over Loss of Power Steering recalls | 2 days ago
- June 21: Chevrolet HHR Owner Says Ignition Switch Caused Crash news | 8 days ago
- June 18: GM Self-Driving Cars Ready For Action news | 11 days ago
- June 13: Chevy Corvette Z06 Lawsuit Says Cars Enter 'Limp Mode' news | 16 days ago
- May 31: General Motors Still Battling Ignition Switch Lawsuits news | 29 days ago
NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Cobalt continued to carry the torch first lit by the 2005 model year. To be clear, that torch is burning bright with widespread power steering issues, electrical curiosities and a dangerous ignition switch defect which led to a massive recall by GM. This isn’t a great torch to carry.
The 2006 added it’s own special flare with gas leaks due to cracks in the “return portion of the modular reservoir assembly.” A recall of 2006 Cobalts was issued to fix the problem, but only to vehicles sold in or current registered in Arizona and Nevada, leaving other owners to pay for repairs themselves.
Between this car stalling while driving, giving owners fits with power steering failure and having it be a potential tinderbox because of gas leaks, we felt we had no other option than to award it our “Avoid Like the Plague” badge.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 2 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 1 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 90,245 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: