- May 22: Chevy Equinox, GMC Terrain Oil Consumption Bulletin Issued news | 2 days ago
- May 19: GM To Offer Compensation For Overstating Fuel Economy news | 5 days ago
- May 16: GM Says Popular SUVs Have Wrong Window Stickers news | 8 days ago
- May 15: Chevy Camaro Owners File Lawsuit Over 'Service Airbag' Lights news | 9 days ago
- May 15: GM Recalls 317,000 Vehicles With Radio and Chime Problems recalls | 9 days ago
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Cobalt continued to carry the torch first lit by the 2005 model year. To be clear, that torch is burning bright with widespread power steering issues, electrical curiosities and a dangerous ignition switch defect which led to a massive recall by GM. This isn’t a great torch to carry.
The 2006 added it’s own special flare with gas leaks due to cracks in the “return portion of the modular reservoir assembly.” A recall of 2006 Cobalts was issued to fix the problem, but only to vehicles sold in or current registered in Arizona and Nevada, leaving other owners to pay for repairs themselves.
Between this car stalling while driving, giving owners fits with power steering failure and having it be a potential tinderbox because of gas leaks, we felt we had no other option than to award it our “Avoid Like the Plague” badge.
Worst 2006 Cobalt clutch Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cobalt Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Cobalt compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cobalt overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cobalt.