CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Cobalt continued to carry the torch first lit by the 2005 model year. To be clear, that torch is burning bright with widespread power steering issues, electrical curiosities and a dangerous ignition switch defect which led to a massive recall by GM. This isn’t a great torch to carry.

7.5

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt electrical problems

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Owner Comments

Dec 122013

Cobalt LX

It takes several tries after putting key in the ignition switch to start the car.

- , Laurel, MD, USA

Sep 232011

Cobalt LT 2.2L

I just got my 2006 chevy cobalt and it had 50000 miles on it. And when i got my recall letter in the mail, i took it in and ever since, its had nothing but problems. first the clutch master cylinder went out. Then the slave cylinder went out. And now I'm at a stop light and go to take off and the engine stalls and go to start it back up again and it wont start. So luckily i was right next to a Circle K and so i pushed it in there. I jiggled the wires on the battery thinking it was not on securely. So i go to start it up and it works. So I start driving back home and it just starts bogging down and loss of gas pedal and there's nothing. So my dad pulls me back home and were looking at it and go to start it up and will not start. It cranks and everything but it just wont turn over. I don't know what it could be. I'm lost. Has this happened to anyone while driving

- , Casa Grande, AZ, USA

Jul 162010

Cobalt LS 2.4L

This is really pissing me off! I took it to a dealer and they replaced a couple of wires and said they still couldn't find the problem! It dies at red lights and when we were going to Tennessee on my honeymoon,the damn thing kept dying going down the highway!!!

- , Scottsburg, IN, USA

Jun 132010

Cobalt LS

Sunday thunderstorm...bad lightening. Afterwards, went out to go home from work, car won't start. My son and my mechanic came, could not start car. Towed to shop, horrible time for now fourweeks not fixed. FINALLY..some computer part[s] fixed...needed programing?? new keys?? and now still have not gotten car back. THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE...WHO WHAT WHERE DO I GET SOME HELP WITH THIS?? MY POINT is that my mechanic was unable to figure this out and GM had no help/knowledge of what/why...is this a lemon...or is it something that should NEVER happen?? I only have this car because it is what I can manage $$..and how much is this costing me [besides no transportation for 4 weeks, loss of income etc]. IF I wasn't still paying [family loan] on this, I would dump it...

- , Robbinsville, New Jersey, USA