2006 Chevrolet Cobalt engine problems: vehicle stalled after engine power loss light displayed

Vehicle Stalled After Engine Power Loss Light Displayed

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

CarComplaints.com Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Cobalt continued to carry the torch first lit by the 2005 model year. To be clear, that torch is burning bright with widespread power steering issues, electrical curiosities and a dangerous ignition switch defect which led to a massive recall by GM. This isn’t a great torch to carry.

8.7

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt engine problems

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Owner Comments

Sep 212013

Cobalt LX 4 cyl

My car suddenly stalled on a major highway just out of the blue. Fortunately I was travelling at a fast enough speed that I had enough propulsion to pull over two lanes and get onto the side of the road and restart it. Not sure what caused it. It started right back up again and has run since. The service engine soon light came on a few days later and though I have had it checked out, they have no idea of the cause. Can't get the service engine light to go off.

- , Madoc, Ontario, canada

Dec 162009

Cobalt

This has happened now for the third winter in a row.Start car in morning for work and this "reduced engine power" shows up in the dash. No matter have much you let it warm up, you cannot get any power out of the car.If you are lucky you will get 40km out of it. I am sick of this. No one seems to know why this is happening. I hate it.

- , Ajax, ON, Canada

Mar 122007

Cobalt SS S/C 2.0L 4 cyl Supercharge

Left restaurant after taking family to dinner on acceleration supercharger went biserk, loud noise, engine died. Second time. Started after several minutes/attempts.

- , Shelby Township, MI, USA