- May 4: GM Recalls Trucks and SUVs For Dangerous Steering Problems recalls | 1 days ago
- April 18: Cars Without Airbags Receive 'Zero' Stars in Safety Tests news | 17 days ago
- April 16: GM Recalls 1 Million Chevy and GMC Trucks recalls | 19 days ago
- April 11: GM Up 3 to 1 in New York Ignition Switch Trials news | 24 days ago
- March 29: Call the Cops! Chevrolet Caprice Police Cars Recalled recalls | 37 days ago
Power Steering Turns Off Intermittently
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Cobalt continued to carry the torch first lit by the 2005 model year. To be clear, that torch is burning bright with widespread power steering issues, electrical curiosities and a dangerous ignition switch defect which led to a massive recall by GM. This isn’t a great torch to carry.
The 2006 added it’s own special flare with gas leaks due to cracks in the “return portion of the modular reservoir assembly.” A recall of 2006 Cobalts was issued to fix the problem, but only to vehicles sold in or current registered in Arizona and Nevada, leaving other owners to pay for repairs themselves.
Between this car stalling while driving, giving owners fits with power steering failure and having it be a potential tinderbox because of gas leaks, we felt we had no other option than to award it our “Avoid Like the Plague” badge.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 71,937 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 23 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- manufacturer needs to recall (10 reports)
- not sure (8 reports)
- manufacturer has recalled..but no parts available (2 reports)
- manufacture issued recall...replace electronic steering swit (1 reports)
- new motor (1 reports)
- scrap the car (1 reports)