- February 10: GM Recalls 426,000 Trucks and SUVs For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 2 days ago
- February 9: Chevy Cruze Lawsuit Says Steering Wheels Lock news | 3 days ago
- January 7: 2015 Chevy Corvette Lawsuit Says Car is Defective news | 36 days ago
- January 5: General Motors Recalls SUVs Due To Rowdy Robotic Welder recalls | 38 days ago
- December 29: GM Recalls Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon Trucks recalls | 45 days ago
Power Steering Turns Off Intermittently
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Cobalt continued to carry the torch first lit by the 2005 model year. To be clear, that torch is burning bright with widespread power steering issues, electrical curiosities and a dangerous ignition switch defect which led to a massive recall by GM. This isn’t a great torch to carry.
The 2006 added it’s own special flare with gas leaks due to cracks in the “return portion of the modular reservoir assembly.” A recall of 2006 Cobalts was issued to fix the problem, but only to vehicles sold in or current registered in Arizona and Nevada, leaving other owners to pay for repairs themselves.
Between this car stalling while driving, giving owners fits with power steering failure and having it be a potential tinderbox because of gas leaks, we felt we had no other option than to award it our “Avoid Like the Plague” badge.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 68,934 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 22 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- manufacturer needs to recall (10 reports)
- not sure (7 reports)
- manufacturer has recalled..but no parts available (2 reports)
- manufacture issued recall...replace electronic steering swit (1 reports)
- new motor (1 reports)
- scrap the car (1 reports)