- June 16: Millions More GM Cars Have Defective Ignition Switches
- June 9: GM Recalls 89,000 Trucks, SUVs and Cars
- June 3: GM Sends Recall Notices To Families of Deceased Accident Victims
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Cobalt inherited most of the problems from the 2005 and 2006 model years, but toned them down (a bit). Sure, the power steering still fails and the car has a chance of going up in flames due to a cracked fuel tank, but it’s not as prevalent as the older models. At least not yet.
In 2012, the Cobalt was recalled for gas tank fires but only for owners in certain states.
Then in 2014, the 2007 Cobalt was part of a massive GM recall due to a defective ignition switch that could cause the airbags to not deploy during an accident. The problem led to 13 deaths, government investigations and multiple class-action lawsuits.
Worst 2007 Cobalt Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- steering problems35NHTSA complaints: 489
- interior accessories problems20NHTSA complaints: 12
- fuel system problems11NHTSA complaints: 247
- engine problems10NHTSA complaints: 35
- suspension problems8NHTSA complaints: 65
- seat belts / air bags problems5NHTSA complaints: 65
- wheels / hubs problems5NHTSA complaints: 23
- windows / windshield problems4NHTSA complaints: 4
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 13
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 47
- transmission problems3NHTSA complaints: 11
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 9
- cooling system problems2
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- AC / heater problems1
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 116
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 18
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 18
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cobalt Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Cobalt compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cobalt overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cobalt.