- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 30: GM Recalls 662,000 Vehicles Due to Broken Axles and Fire Risks
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 28: GM Issues Chevy Cruze Stop Sale
- March 17: It's March Madness For GM: Another 1,500,000 Vehicles Recalled
- February 21: The Most American-Made Car Brand
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Cobalt inherited most of the problems from the 2005 and 2006 model years, but toned them down (a bit). Sure, the power steering still fails and the car has a chance of going up in flames due to a cracked fuel tank, but it’s not as prevalent as the older models. At least not yet.
In 2012, the Cobalt was recalled for gas tank fires but only for owners in certain states.
Then in 2014, the 2007 Cobalt was part of a massive GM recall due to a defective ignition switch that could cause the airbags to not deploy during an accident. The problem led to 13 deaths, government investigations and multiple class-action lawsuits.
Worst 2007 Cobalt Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- steering problems34NHTSA complaints: 469
- interior accessories problems15NHTSA complaints: 12
- fuel system problems8NHTSA complaints: 241
- engine problems7NHTSA complaints: 25
- suspension problems7NHTSA complaints: 62
- seat belts / air bags problems5NHTSA complaints: 34
- drivetrain problems4NHTSA complaints: 16
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 75
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 9
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 41
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 23
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- cooling system problems2
- transmission problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- AC / heater problems1
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- lights problemsNHTSA: 4
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cobalt Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Cobalt compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cobalt overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cobalt.