- March 24: Chevy Malibu Recalled To Fix Sensitive Sunroof Switch
- March 25: Family of Ignition Switch Victim Brooke Melton Settles GM Lawsuit
- March 14: Chevy Volt Recalled After Carbon Monoxide Sickens People
- March 13: GM Lowers Warranty Coverage From 100,000 Miles to 60,000 Miles
- March 10: Chevrolet Cruze Recalled For Parking Brake Failures
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Cobalt inherited most of the problems from the 2005 and 2006 model years, but toned them down (a bit). Sure, the power steering still fails and the car has a chance of going up in flames due to a cracked fuel tank, but it’s not as prevalent as the older models. At least not yet.
In 2012, the Cobalt was recalled for gas tank fires but only for owners in certain states.
Then in 2014, the 2007 Cobalt was part of a massive GM recall due to a defective ignition switch that could cause the airbags to not deploy during an accident. The problem led to 13 deaths, government investigations and multiple class-action lawsuits.
Worst 2007 Cobalt Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- steering problems35NHTSA complaints: 22
- interior accessories problems26NHTSA complaints: 1
- engine problems11NHTSA complaints: 2
- fuel system problems11NHTSA complaints: 3
- suspension problems10NHTSA complaints: 4
- seat belts / air bags problems6NHTSA complaints: 8
- wheels / hubs problems5NHTSA complaints: 12
- body / paint problems4
- windows / windshield problems4NHTSA complaints: 1
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 7
- cooling system problems3
- lights problems3NHTSA complaints: 2
- transmission problems3NHTSA complaints: 4
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- AC / heater problems1
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 6
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cobalt Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Cobalt compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cobalt overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cobalt.