- December 20: General Motors Recalls 2017 Chevy Malibu Cars recalls | 29 days ago
- December 15: GM 5.3L Oil Consumption Lawsuit Filed in Minnesota news | 34 days ago
- December 14: Chevy Sonic Gas Mileage Lawsuit Says MPG is Wrong news | 35 days ago
- December 11: GM Recalls Chevy Tahoe Police SUVs at Risk of Fires recalls | 38 days ago
- November 29: GM Fuel Economy Lawsuit Claims SUVs Have Lost Resale Value news | 50 days ago
Key Stuck In Ignition
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Cobalt inherited most of the problems from the 2005 and 2006 model years, but toned them down (a bit). Sure, the power steering still fails and the car has a chance of going up in flames due to a cracked fuel tank, but it’s not as prevalent as the older models. At least not yet.
In 2012, the Cobalt was recalled for gas tank fires but only for owners in certain states.
Then in 2014, the 2007 Cobalt was part of a massive GM recall due to a defective ignition switch that could cause the airbags to not deploy during an accident. The problem led to 13 deaths, government investigations and multiple class-action lawsuits.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 85,632 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 8 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (6 reports)
- manual release under steering wheel (2 reports)
accessories - interior problem