- July 24: GM Recalls Buick, Chevy and GMC Vehicles For Rollaway Risk recalls | 1 days ago
- July 21: GM Recalls 308,000 Chevy Impalas in the U.S. and Canada recalls | 4 days ago
- July 18: Chevy Cruze Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Says Cars Are Illegal news | 7 days ago
- June 7: Sports Car Crash-Test Ratings All Over the Place news | 48 days ago
- June 3: GM Recalls 1.9 Million Vehicles the Automaker Says Are Safe recalls | 52 days ago
Key Stuck In Ignition
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Cobalt inherited most of the problems from the 2005 and 2006 model years, but toned them down (a bit). Sure, the power steering still fails and the car has a chance of going up in flames due to a cracked fuel tank, but it’s not as prevalent as the older models. At least not yet.
In 2012, the Cobalt was recalled for gas tank fires but only for owners in certain states.
Then in 2014, the 2007 Cobalt was part of a massive GM recall due to a defective ignition switch that could cause the airbags to not deploy during an accident. The problem led to 13 deaths, government investigations and multiple class-action lawsuits.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 85,632 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 8 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (6 reports)
- manual release under steering wheel (2 reports)
accessories - interior problem