- October 22: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans recalls | 5 days ago
- September 17: GM Says Takata Airbag Recall of 980,000 Vehicles is Unnecessary news | 40 days ago
- September 9: General Motors Recalls 4 Million Vehicles recalls | 48 days ago
- August 27: GM Recalls 383,000 Cars, SUVs and Police Pursuit Vehicles recalls | 61 days ago
- August 17: Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid Recalled Due To Stalling recalls | 71 days ago
Key Stuck In Ignition
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Cobalt inherited most of the problems from the 2005 and 2006 model years, but toned them down (a bit). Sure, the power steering still fails and the car has a chance of going up in flames due to a cracked fuel tank, but it’s not as prevalent as the older models. At least not yet.
In 2012, the Cobalt was recalled for gas tank fires but only for owners in certain states.
Then in 2014, the 2007 Cobalt was part of a massive GM recall due to a defective ignition switch that could cause the airbags to not deploy during an accident. The problem led to 13 deaths, government investigations and multiple class-action lawsuits.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 85,632 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 8 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (6 reports)
- manual release under steering wheel (2 reports)
accessories - interior problem