- July 27: GM Orders Second Recall Over Sensing and Diagnostic Modules recalls | 1 days ago
- June 27: GM Recalls Chevrolet SS Cars Over Loss of Power Steering recalls | 31 days ago
- June 21: Chevrolet HHR Owner Says Ignition Switch Caused Crash news | 37 days ago
- June 18: GM Self-Driving Cars Ready For Action news | 40 days ago
- June 13: Chevy Corvette Z06 Lawsuit Says Cars Enter 'Limp Mode' news | 45 days ago
NHTSA — Steering Problems
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt (Page 26 of 29)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Cobalt inherited most of the problems from the 2005 and 2006 model years, but toned them down (a bit). Sure, the power steering still fails and the car has a chance of going up in flames due to a cracked fuel tank, but it’s not as prevalent as the older models. At least not yet.
In 2012, the Cobalt was recalled for gas tank fires but only for owners in certain states.
Then in 2014, the 2007 Cobalt was part of a massive GM recall due to a defective ignition switch that could cause the airbags to not deploy during an accident. The problem led to 13 deaths, government investigations and multiple class-action lawsuits.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 55 / 4
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 46 / 3
- Average Mileage:
- 57,029 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.