CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Cobalt inherited most of the problems from the 2005 and 2006 model years, but toned them down (a bit). Sure, the power steering still fails and the car has a chance of going up in flames due to a cracked fuel tank, but it’s not as prevalent as the older models. At least not yet.

In 2012, the Cobalt was recalled for gas tank fires but only for owners in certain states.

Then in 2014, the 2007 Cobalt was part of a massive GM recall due to a defective ignition switch that could cause the airbags to not deploy during an accident. The problem led to 13 deaths, government investigations and multiple class-action lawsuits.

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt:

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jan 202008

Cobalt

Brakes done twice in a year struts going bad and fan motor squeaking gas tank sensor replaced need new tires. First time brakes were sanded down then put back on. Second time they were replaced.

- Eaton Rapids, MI, USA

Oct 012006

Cobalt

Not long after I bought my 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt (on labor day 2006), I noticed that occasionally there's a noise in the rear of the car which sounds like someone is knocking on the trunk. I took car to dealer and they could not duplicate the situation so they said there was nothing they could do about it. I've had numerous people in my car hear this noise and ask me what it is.

- Crofton, MD, USA