2. replace speakers (1 reports)
2008 Chevrolet Cobalt accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt:

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Owner Comments

Apr 012014

Cobalt LT

Basically all of my speakers quit working at one time or another. I can usually get sound from the rear speakers but the front rarely work. I'll have my radio on with sound coming from the back so I have the volume up pretty loud, then all of a sudden my front speakers will work again, blasting loud music, scaring the crap out of me. The front speaker malfunctions also prevent my turn signal from sounding and other dash noises such as the dinging notifying me I left my keys in the ignition.

- , Ravenna, MI, USA

May 102014

The passenger side speaker has worked off and on for several years. Now my drivers side front speaker is pretty much never working.

- , Copper Hill, VA, USA

Jun 012010

A couple of years after we had the car the front speakers completely STOPPED working. I'm not sure if this is covered under warranty or not,but it's really a pain in the ass and it's going to cause the back ones to go out as well since they're the only ones that work at all. Again, I ADVISE NO ONE TO BUY THESE PIECE OF CRAP CARS!!!!

- , Milan, IN, USA

Sep 262012

Cobalt 2.2L 4 cyl

With no front speakers there are no warning dings or buzzers or beeps.

- , Stanley, NB, canada