2008 Chevrolet Cobalt electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt:

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Owner Comments (Page 7 of 7)

Sep 272010

Cobalt

I bought my 2008 Cobalt as a program car in November 2008. I received a recall for the power steering motor in September 2010. The motor was replaced. I thought that maybe that was the problem of the intermittent ease of turning the key. When I picked up the car for that repair I was told that the ignition cylinder had to be replaced because it was intermittently locking up. I picked up the car and then the emergency switch broke, that was replaced and during this time I was told that the front speakers blew out. Those were replaced, and now the radio/clock has to be replaced which is not under warranty. I do not believe that my two-year car is reliable. I told the service manager that I believe the car is faulty because it is "too young" to have this much repair work in a very short time.

- Wharton, TX, USA

Aug 092010

Cobalt

When I started my car and at the same time I wanted to pull down the window it didn't work. I think it was already too much for the car. It happened already 3 times in 2.5 years and the car was new. Every time I have to go to the dealer to change the regulator in the window.

- Edison, NJ, USA

May 042010

Cobalt

Fear this issue could have lead to electrical fire if this was some kind of short in the under hood fuse center. Car purchased new in June 2008. Mileage: 56,09423 months old. Car would crank, but would not start. Would continue to crank for short time after key turned off. Tried for 15 minutes, finally started. Drove to dealer and left for service. Dealer diagnosis, intermittent no fuel pressure to fuel pump. Fuel pump checked, ok at this time. GM advised dealer to inspect and clean body ground. Repair cost labor, supplies, tax: $101 4 days later car would again (crank but not start - at all), had to be towed to dealer. Again, would continue to crank for short time after key turned off. Dealer diagnosis: Under hood fuse center bad. Tow $75, parts $283, labor $ 110, supplies + tax $26. Total: $494 total cost to fix vehicle: $595.

- Omaha, IL, USA

Jun 152009

Cobalt

Car alarm went off while parked and locked. No apparent reason why it was going off. It did this several times that day. At times, I will lock the vehicle only to come out and see that it is unlocked. I have been having problems with the remote key fob. I replaced the battery and not much changed. Also, on this vehicle, I noticed that when I put the car into park, the headlights went off. When the engine was shut off the lights went out immediately instead of staying on for a couple of minutes like they are supposed too.

- Port Orchard, WA, USA

Mar 072009

Cobalt

To whom it may concern; my problem happens to be a serious one involving the head lamps of our 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt. The incidents have occurred without warning and on multiple occasions. What I speak of is the lights, upon engaging only the right turn signal shut off, flicker....with no control for a period of only a few seconds. Now, the concern I have is with the potential for myself or other motorists to have serious complications. During that small period of time in which the headlamps failed, my family's life was jeopardized, which is something I should not have to, and will not tolerate. I have made attempts to correct malfunction by using Chevy dealer technicians. Problem was allegedly fixed, then occurred again. Please help me with any information you might be able to provide to further aid my progress in correcting this problem before someone gets hurt.

- Battle Ground , WA, USA

Mar 202009

Cobalt

Car alarm goes off when parked and locked for no reason. Also car has started twice, engine misses with check engine light on, shut car off and restart and it then is fine until next time.

- Eden Prairie, MN, USA

May 112008

Cobalt

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt. While driving approximately 35 mph, the instrument panel lights and gauges would not illuminate in the daylight. The instrument panel lights illuminated properly at night. The authorized dealer stated that there was no defect with the instrument panel operation. The contact was concerned of the safety risk involved. The failure mileage was 29,000 and current mileage was 39,000.

- Louisville, KY, USA