2008 Chevrolet Cobalt fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt:

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Nov 142011

Cobalt

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt. The contact stated that fuel emitted inside of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer and was awaiting diagnoses. The manufacturer had not been notified and the vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 33,950 and the current mileage was 34,000.

- Lutz, FL, USA

Oct 082011

Cobalt 4-cyl

I have 2008 Chevy Cobalt and it only has 30,000 miles on it, bought it brand new from the dealer, lately I can smell gas burning. I took it to a service shop and they lifted it up and said it was leaking gas and they showed me. I looked online for recalls on this car and found it had a lots of recalls, even one that has the same problem mine has(leaking gas), but the years it has are between 2005-2007. I have 08, but I feel it is the same issue. I know the dealer is going to give me the run around, but I feel they should fix this problem, so I don't have to pay them X amount of the dollars just to find the problem and then X2 amount of dollars the fix the problem.

- Miami Gardens, FL, USA

Oct 102011

Cobalt 4-cyl

Fuel smell fuel line cracked right at fuel pump inlet. Same problem as recall #09V41900 2006 2007 Cobalts. This is a fla. Car.

- Melbourne, FL, USA

Sep 162011

Cobalt 4-cyl

Noticed a faint smell of gas while driving my Cobalt on Thursday September 15th, 2011. Gas smell grew stronger later in the day and, on Friday, was so strong that it was overpowering, even with the windows rolled down. Upon taking my car to the mechanic, they found that a plastic supply port on the modular reservoir of my fuel pump had cracked and it was creating a severe fuel leak. I had to replace the fuel pump in order to fix this situation, but, three days later, my car still has an existing gas smell to it. On Friday when the incident occurred, I felt like I had ingested gasoline all day, and it took a while for that feeling to go away. In addition, I know that gas leaks are potentially very hazardous and can start fires. In conducting research, it seems that this problem is consistent with recall id # 09V419000 dated 10/29/2009 in which 2006 and 2007 year Chevrolet Cobalts were recalled for the same problem in some states including Arizona, where my car was purchased and registered. Service members at a Chevrolet dealership have stated that this issue has become common with my year Cobalts, so perhaps the 2008 Cobalts should be recalled as well? this is a hazardous problem that has turned in to quite an expensive fix for me, and I believe that it needs to be taken care of immediately.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Jan 152011

Cobalt 4-cyl

Notice a strong fuel smell when the vehicle is topped off with fuel. Fuel mileage is degraded and fuel smell goes away when tank is below 1/2. class 1 leak appears to come from where fuel filler hose attaches to the tank. It may also be coming from the fuel pump and dripping onto that area.

- Yakima, WA, USA

May 122011

Cobalt

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt. The contact stated the vehicle was parked when she opened one of the doors and could smell a strong oder of gasoline. The vehicle was not taken to have the failure diagnosed or repaired and the manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileages were 92,071.

- Montgomery, TX, USA

Jul 242008

Cobalt

At southpoint mall in durham N.C. vehicle 1 was traveling North in parking lot of South point mall when vehicle 2 pulled into its lane of travel from a parking aisle vehicle2 struck vehicle1 in the right passenger area with its front left portion.

- Ahoskie, NC, USA