2008 Chevrolet Cobalt suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt:

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Owner Comments

Mar 142010

The vehicle is past the warranty mileage limits. I noticed several days ago a loud clunking noise while going over the slightest bump coming from the front end. I had the vehicle in for a oil change and tire rotation and asked to have the front end checked. The control arm bushings are worn out and I have to pay $300+ for the repair. Granted, I am outside the mileage limits of the warranty, but this vehicle is barely three years old. It appears I'm not the first to complain either. I have been a Chevrolet and GM fan for years, but with this issue plus the problems I had with my last pickup, a 2004 GMC Sierra, I'm beginning to question my choices.

- Amanda, OH, USA

Jul 232010

2008 Chevy Cobalt 60,000 miles, left and right lower control arm bushings failed enabling front wheels to move a few inches relative to the frame. R & R control arms. Mechanic said wheel was ready to detach from car, replaced parts are available for inspection.

- Blairstown, NJ, USA

Jul 102010

Recently heard clunking noise in front end. Haven't taken it to the dealer yet, but will shortly. Suspect it is bushings mentioned in report # 10335840. The mileage is 26100.

- Duke Center, PA, USA