2009 Chevrolet Cobalt accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt:

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Owner Comments

Jan 302010

2009 Chevy Cobalt ls, the odometer registers 1 mile, slightly before you actually drive 1 mile. I found this using mile markers on the highway after seeing major differences from older vehicles with analog odometers as I tried to measure miles I'd hit my stop watch running on the shoulder of the road. This makes the warranty expire I guess 3-4% sooner than it should and could quite possible !@#$%. over the consumer whose not getting what they paid for. I wouldn't call this a safety issue but a sneaky way to screw their customer over. I just spoke to GM today about it but doubt anything will be done to resolve this. The car has about 17,000 miles on it which is really more like 16,500 or a little bit under and if something happens just after the mileage for warranty purposes, that's !@#$%. over your customer. I know this is going on at least in my Cobalt and I find it interesting to hear today there are cases of power steering issues. I have yet to experience that thus far but will complain again is that comes up. GM is !@#$%. it's customers over!!

- Lafayette, NJ, USA