Print this page Notes: The first year for Chevrolet's replacement for the S-10.

2004 Chevrolet Colorado drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Colorado:

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Owner Comments

Nov 012012

Colorado 4x4, Z71

I have a 2004 chevy colorado and when I engage the 4x4 it flashes and sounds like its in 4x4, but it is not.

Sometimes the 4x4 lights on the dash flash and then it goes back to 2 hi. I had the same problem last year, and I brought it to three different dearlerships and no-one could figure it out. I replaced the transfercase, and it worked fine. (Out of pocket of course) Until this winter when I went to use it again. The same problem again. No 4x4!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thank you..

- , Niskayuna, NY, USA

Feb 092013

Colorado 4x4, Z71

When I put my truck into 4lo or 4 hi, the lights just flash and it sounds like its in 4 lo or 4 hi but it isnt. I have had it in 3 dealerships and they couldnt figure it out. They told me it was a transfer case, so I put one in a year ago, and now its doing the same thing... I spoke with GM customer service and they told me its not under warranty. (Like I didnt know that already) And they also told me its not recalled either.... So no-one knows what the problem is, and Im supposed to keep buying transfer cases and or putting my truck in the shop and wasting money and time?!?!? This is rediculious and so is this Chevy Truck... And so is Chevy's customer service... Maybe I'll better luck with a Toyota???

- , Niskayuna, NY, USA