CarComplaints.com Notes: The first year for Chevrolet's replacement for the S-10.

8.0

2004 Chevrolet Colorado transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Colorado:

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Owner Comments

Dec 152010

Colorado LS 3.5L

I understand that I've owned the vehicle for almost 7 years , but I didn't have any problem with the transmission until they replaced the head last year and I took it back because the "Check Engine" light was on and I could smell Engine Oil burning "leak" but the dealer told me the trans. was leaking (It never leaked prior) and after working in a dealership service dept. for 24yrs. I know burning trans. fluid smells different than engine oil.The "Check Engine" light was on and they said it needed an "Emission Purge Solenoid" , note I had taken the truck in several times for the light being on and after paying the $100.00 diagnostic fee they told me I didn't know how to put on a gas cap . Now I admit the gas cap on this rig is a real piece of sh*t but each time I purchased a new cap.I also admit I have to remove the gas cap more than normal because the truck gets such shity gas mileage,but I think I know how to put it on properly.

- , Everett, WA, USA