6.9

2. replace head (1 reports)
  3. replaced oxygen sensor (1 reports)
  4. replaced spark plugs and #2 ign. coil (1 reports)
2005 Chevrolet Colorado engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Colorado:

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Owner Comments

Dec 032013

Colorado LS 3.5L

After replacing the spark plugs and #2 ign. coil and clearing the code the check engine light came back on. I'v since cleared the engine several times and after a 30 to 60 mile drive the light comes back on. It runs rough at idle. Has any one had this problem?

- , Rio Vista, CA, USA

May 052012

Colorado 3.5L

Well when the engine is cold it will run fine, but when it warms up it wants to stall when im coming to a stop. But when i rev it up a bit,it will run ok for a while. Ive changed the fuel filter and the fuel pump,changed the cam sensors and changed the plugs to no avail. Please a response would be greatly appreciated

- , Surrey, B.C, canada

Mar 132012

Colorado Z71

well engine light stay on. abs light stays on . seat belt light stays on. and back window has been leaking for about a year now. everyone says could be sencor but they wont no till it goes out could not go out for years they says i like my truck just put my first set of tires on it. it has about 56.254 miles on it now. had 13.000 when bought it.

- , Charleston, WV, USA

May 152009

Colorado LS Z71 3.5L V5

Well the sensor above the gas tank to prevent overpressure is loose. Well, it has always been loose. When Chevy built the truck they forgot to install the harness to hold it. The wires have since snapped and the check engine has come and stayed on. Taking it to the dealership and was told there is supposed to be a harness there. They will fix it but will cost me for Chevy's over site.

- , Houston, Texas, USA

Mar 032010

Colorado 3.5L 5 cyl

i love chevy truck,so i bought a 2005 chevy colorado.it had 17,000 miles on it.not long after i had the truck the check engine light came on.took it to the chevy dealership to have them check it out.3 days later they called me with bad news.they said they would have to change the head and something about valves not sitting correctly.it is in the shop as i speak.i am worried after it is fixed if i will be having other trouble with this truck.what's with chevy?

- , New Castle, PA, USA

Apr 222009

Colorado 3.5L

I love the truck but I've only had it for around 9 months and my service engine light has come on three times for the same problem. When i take it to autozone to get it checked they tell me that its from lean gas and ask me if i filled my gas up recently. Its off right now but for how long?......nobody knows!

Update from Jul 30, 2010: After going to autozone a couple of times and getting the same code from their computer I decided to look up on the internet myself what the code meant and sure enough it ended up being an oxygen sensor. I replaced the oxygen sensor myself and havent had a problem since.

- , Eglin AFB, FL, USA

Feb 202009

Colorado EXT CAB 5 Cil

i bought the trk in feb of 2009, it was a 2005 Chevy Colorado ext cab with a cap . all the things that i wanted and it is a nice looking trk. but the day after bought it the eng,light came on so i took it back and they said they would check it out,and they did and was good for about 4 days and it came back on so agin i took it back and they said that they would have to put a new head on something with the vales not sitting rite. so they got the part and i took it back on the 11 of march and they have had it since and it is the 25th of march and still no trk... they never gave me a call to let me know what was going on with iy till i started to raise hell with them.......i like the trk and hopefully they can get it done and done rite.... what to do....................................willie

- , Gouldsboro, PA, USA